For this month’s challenge, I chose a fall photo from a bridge that I took while in a half marathon in November. (Clearly, I was not running for time since I was taking pictures during it, lol.) I posted it earlier or a landscape theme, but now, I can take some time to edit it a few different ways.
Here is the untouched original.
For the first edit, I did the following:
- Applied the HDR effect to the photo.
- Turned the details on the HDR effect very low.
- Made another more saturated layer of the sky so that it was more blue.
- Erased everything but the sky in the super saturated layer, and placed that layer on the top. (This allowed me to have a deep blue sky, but no super overbearing/unnatural saturation in the rest of the photo.
- Tweaked the brightness and contrast a little.