For week 29 of the After Before Forum, I decided to go with a picture of shiny baubles I found at the mall. Though I thought they were pretty without editing, I wanted to add a bit more color and magic. Not sure if I accomplished that, but here were the results of my efforts.
To get this, I took the following steps in Photoshop CS5:
- Made one layer that had the HDR effect on it.
- Turned down the details, curves, shadows and highlights.
- Bumped up the saturation and strength.
- Erased out the main large dangling crystal and a few of the surrounding globes.
- Put the original layer of the photo behind the HDR layer.
- Bumped up the saturation and unsharp mask.
- Merged the two layers and adjusted the brightness and contrast some.
Which photo do you prefer? The original or the edited?