Week four of the One Four Challenge is already here. I swear that life has sped up since I started blogging. For the last week of this challenge, I decide to do a dramatic black and white.
To get this picture, I did the following in Photoshop CS5:
- Made a duplicate layer of the original.
- Desaturated that layer to black and white.
- Erased out the cloud area, and some of the trees above the bridge.
- Bumped up the contrast and brightness.
- Turned down the opacity so that the darker layer below could blend through.
- Made the other layer black and white as well.
- Turned down the curves very low. (To bring out the clouds.)
- Merged these two layers.
- Adjusted the brightness some more.
To check out other bloggers’ One Four Challenge posts, go to Captivate Me’s blog post for this week.
Being week four, it is time to vote. As a reminder, here are the previous edits.
Which do you prefer? What would you have done that I didn’t try?
Here is the version from the suggestions in the comments.